Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2008

Wednesday 23rd to Thursday 24th October :Bikers paradise, a festival of turns and colours - Take me home, country road

Almost heaven, west virginia Blue ridge mountains Shenandoah river - Life is old there Older than the trees Younger than the mountains Growin' like a breeze Country roads, take me home To the place i belong West virginia, mountain momma Take me home, country roads All my memories gather round her Miner's lady, stranger to blue water Dark and dusty, painted on the sky Misty taste of moonshine Teardrops in my eye Country roads, take me home To the place i belong West virginia, mountain momma Take me home, country roads I hear her voice In the mornin' hour she calls me The radio reminds me of my home far away And drivin' down the road i get a feelin' That i should have been home yesterday, yesterday Country roads, take me home To the place i belong West virginia, mountain momma Take me home, country roads

I is that song I keep singing all along that absolutely stunning Blue Ridge Parkroad.
Once for really longing home to my beloved people - as wonderful his trip may have turned out -I feel happy to come back home. And slowly with a tiny little bit of sadness something like a little pridecomes up too - not for being an superherolongwayroundsort-of-thing. But for having met so many fantastic people and feelingthe privilege it means, once you really follow and go for your dreams.
Not too many words on the fabulous next 500 miles through an everwinding road southwest to Northeast along Blue Ridge Parkway and once out next into Shennandoah Nationalpark.
It is THE perfect bikergoodbye to America - everwinding perfect roads with almost nothing much to worry about - hey, you can do it on a Harley :-)
Just it is getting cold as ice with all thebeuaty makes camping an icy experience again - and being a bit late in theafternoon today in Shannondoah Nationalpark just 2 hours before sunset the ranger at the southern entry gate tried to persuade me, to spend the night right at the Southgate, as I would nver make it to theparkmiddle before sunset.
Yep, that was a bit of a riding fun by the end of the day - 110 miles with maximum parkspeed set at 35 miles - just two hours laterthe brave 650 nd me left the park again - at the North Gate :-) pretty cold to be honest - but just as happy. Come on, see why....

Impressions from
Blue Ridge Parkway
and
Shennandoah Nationalpark





















GOOD NITE FROM COLD AND CURVY BIKERS PARADISE

Baba (340 happy singing smiling miles to New York )